PERSONAL DATA TREATMENT AND PROCESSING
Garikoitz Aristegui Racero, former organizer of the Sosort International Congress 2022 and acting as the Data Controller for this purpose, with VAT Registration number ES-44.133.477-L, informs you under the current legislation on the Protection of Personal Data, that the personal data collected through the different forms of the website, those that you send to the contact email addresses and those that you can provide in telephone conversations, will be treated for the following purposes:
- Organisation and management of the congress.
- Management of communications related with future editions of the congress.
The data you provide will be kept for the time strictly necessary to meet your request (less than six months, unless your request results in an action that requires legal reasons to keep it for a longer period of time), to keep it as interested in future job positions (one year) or during the years necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as labour and tax regulations.
We inform you that you can exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation of the processing and portability of the personal data you have provided us. To do this, you can send your request to our organization by postal mail to Sosort International Congress 2022, Ref. Congress Data Protection, Ametzagaña, 15, 20012 Donostia-San Sebastián, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below further information about the processing of personal data carried out by our society:
- Data Controller
Garikoitz Aristegui Racero, former organizer of the Sosort International Congress 2022 and acting as the Data Controller for this purpose, with VAT Registration number ES-44.133.477-L. To contact directly and effectively with us, you can send us your request by postal mail, to: Ametzagaña, 15, 20012 Donostia-San Sebastián. You can also get further information regarding how we process your personal data, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- List of personal data processing activities carried out by our organization
We will be processing different personal data of the interested parties, with different purposes. Please find below the different data processing activities, their purpose, the basis that legitimises each activity, the information that we may transfer to third parties, and the information-retention periods:
- Organisation and management of the congress
- Origin of Data: provided by the interested party, through forms enabled for this purpose on the website, or information transmitted to the organization by email or by phone.
- Purpose for processing the data: registration of the participants to the congress, review and selection of submitted abstracts, manage congress agenda, manage reservation of involved facilities and collection of subscription fees.
- Basis that legitimises the data processing: legitimate interest of our organization (processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract), and the explicit consent of the interested party for those cases where it is required.
- Transfer of data to third parties: when processing the payment of the congress fees, in compliance to EMVCo, MasterCard and VISA requirements and the PSDII European Directive our payment platform will be in need to communicate information referring to the connection used in the session to the Bank issuing your credit/debit card to proceed with the validation of your payment operation. Data may be sent if necessary, to the public administration such as Spanish Tax Agency or Social Security.
- Data retention period: less than six months, unless there is a legal reason to keep it for a longer period of time (such as the period required by the public administration until the expiration of responsibilities).
- Management of communications related with future editions of the congress
- Origin of Data: provided by the interested party, through forms enabled for this purpose on the website or information transmitted to the organization by email.
- Purpose for processing the data: manage the communications to the interested parties, regarding future editions of the congress.
- Basis that legitimises the data processing: explicit consent of the interested party given when registering in the platform for the first time.
- Transfer of data to third parties: we won’t be transferring any of the information provided to third parties that are outside our organization.
- Data retention period: less than two years, unless there is a legal reason to keep it for a longer period of time.
Your rights regarding your Personal Data:
Regarding the Personal Data you may have provided Sosort International Congress 2022, you have the possibility to freely and freely exercise the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and the use of your personal data.
- The right to access personal data and supplementary information.
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability, which allows the data subject to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to processing in certain circumstances.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant).
You may submit your request to Sosort International Congress 2022 in writing, by sending your request by the following means:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal mail: Ametzagaña, 15, 20012 Donostia-San Sebastián, Ref. “Congress Data Protection Rights”.
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have handled your application and want to make a complaint, you can contact with your local Regulation Body, or with the Spanish Data Protection Agency on www.aepd.es.